Saturday, June 8, 2013

Open Studio today and tomorrow 11-5

Good morning from the early morning June fog of Monument Road. In a few hours there will be some balloons on my mailbox should you be looking for the right country lane to turn into. I will have coffee and tea, wine and good clean water with lemon slices. A few little cookies to serve will be on the counter of the upstairs studio space.
I imagine this summer fog will be gone by 11 a.m. when the studio door opens. At which time I might be stitching on a few little 8"x8" pillows of silk or linen to offer some low priced items. Or perhaps I will be making scarves until someone ventures into these lovely redwoods and pops in the studio door.

You can park down by my residence which is an octagonal home my husband and I built in the early 80's. The when walking back to the studio, before climbing the exterior circular stairwell that is showing signs of rot, you will have passed the new wood shed built with lovely old resawn redwood.

This will be a relaxed day to enjoy a 'middle' Humboldt day which is never like the north end of Humboldt nor the south end. I rest absolutely in between as does my art. Unique to its environment, my home and art are one of a kind. My work is abstract with a gesture to landscapes and the internal music that effect my sensibilities every moment of the day.

I look forward to your visit today and tomorrow between 11 and 5. And should you not be able to attend today, you are welcome to call for a personal visit another time. 707-764-3877
Cheers and thank you for your attention....

No comments: